Beyond its velvety texture and gorgeous color, this soup packs health benefits in a delicious blend of sweet and spicy. Carrots are high in Vitamin A and biotin, which makes this soup the natural choice for glowing skin and strong hair and nails!
Recipe by Emily Smith
Cook Time: 25 min
- 3 Tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (6-7 large carrots), peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chopped white or yellow onion
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- A few strips of zest from an orange
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- In a large pot, heat up oil over medium heat. Add in carrots and onions. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally and making sure the vegetables don’t begin to brown. Lower heat if necessary. Add pinch of salt and stir.
- Next, add in your vegetable stock, water, ginger, parsley and orange zest. Stir gently.
- Bring to a simmer (just below boiling point) and cover the pot. Cook for around 20-25 minutes, until carrots are fork-tender
- Before processing you can remove the orange zest if you would like (I kept mine in!)
- Using a food processor or blender, pour in the soup to puree. For a food processor, the entire contents will most likely fit. Process until smooth.
- For an upright blender; process in smaller batches and transfer into a fresh soup pot.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley before serving.