• 11/2 pound butternut squash, seeded
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• sea salt and black pepper
Cut squash into 1-inch chunks (about 31/2 cups). In a heavy (preferably nonstick) skillet, over medium heat, heat oil for 1-2 minutes. Add squash and garlic and toss to coat well with oil. Sauté slowly over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 30 minutes, until squash is golden and tender. (Add a tablespoon or two of water to pan if squash begins to stick). Add sea salt and black pepper to taste, then sprinkle sage and parsley over squash and mix well.