• 11/2 pounds ground turkey (white meat)
• 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
• 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
• 1/2 bunch scallions (green onions), chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
• 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
• 2-3 tablespoons coconut aminos
• 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• sea salt and black pepper
In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, sea salt, black pepper, parsley, coconut aminos and cilantro. Mix everything with hands to distribute evenly, set aside. On the stovetop, over medium heat, drizzle extra virgin olive oil onto a nonstick skillet; sauté carrots, onions, scallions and garlic for 5 minutes, or until soft. Turn off heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
Transfer contents of pan into bowl with turkey and combine all together. Form 2-inch wide and 1-inch thick patties. In a nonstick skillet drizzle extra virgin olive oil and place patties 2 inches apart. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Once done, serve with veggies or salad greens. Refrigerate leftovers or any unused turkey. These are great cold as well.