• 5 whole eggs and 3 egg whites
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced or chopped
• 1/2 cup peas, frozen or fresh
• 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
• 1/2 bunch chopped parsley, stems removed
• 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro, stems removed
• 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• sea salt and black pepper
SERVINGs: 6-8 slices
In a bowl, whisk 5 whole eggs and 3 egg whites together with the parsley and cilantro. Using a nonstick large skillet drizzle the extra virgin olive oil and set over medium heat, add the onions, mushrooms, spinach and peas.
Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, then add egg mixture on top. Do not stir, cover with lid and let it sit over low to medium heat for 7-9 minutes. Frittata is done when the pan is jiggled and the center and edges are firm and set. Once cooled for 5 minutes, slice like pie. Serve hot or cold.