• 2 portabello mushroom caps, sliced
• 1/4 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
• medium bowl of mixed baby greens
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/4 onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• sea salt and black pepper
Warm 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, garlic, fennel and mushrooms; reduce heat to low, and cook until the mushrooms are soft and blackened and the onions are golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. (Add additional extra virgin olive oil if needed.) Turn the heat off. In a separate bowl, drizzle the mixed baby greens or salad greens of choice with 11/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, add the sautéed veggies and season with sea salt and black pepper.